While past decades inspire my design, the art of handmaking high quality bespoke garments is a ritual I also want to bring back. Here are a few ways in which Non Manon is working towards a more sustainable fashion industry.
- Non Manon is a circular fashion brand - this means I create long-lasting pieces using mostly recycled materials at a very small scale, to make sure the production has a limited impact on the environment.
- I only source vintage, deadstock and sustainable GOTS approved fabrics in small quantities. My main goal is to create beautiful garments from materials that have already been produced and aren't being used.
- My made-to-order model ensures that we don't produce any waste.
- I don't use factories or warehouses - everything is produced in our seamstress' home studio and managed and shipped by me, the founder.
- Most of my packaging is 100% recyclable, reusable or biodegradable.
- My clothes are lovingly handmade to last, and Non Manon only launches one design at a time.